Get your internationally recognised Canadian high school diploma online. Fast, flexible and fully online.
Sustained immigration over the last 10 years makes the Canadian population one of the most multicultural in the world, with 20% of all the people who live in Canada foreign-born. Due to the large percentage of immigrants, Canada is also known as the world’s most tolerant country and a place where people from various countries, cultures, ethnic groups and religions can feel comfortable together. Canada is unequivocally one of the world’s most socially progressive countries in the world.
Canada is the second largest country in the world and offers expats a warm welcome as well as great job opportunities. Furthermore, Canada is one of the safest countries to live in, and many expats come to live in Canada because of the great quality of life the country has to offer.
STUDYING at OES
An international student does not require a study permit in order to take online courses at Ontario eSecondary School. However, if you plan to physically enter Canada in order to study, you may need a specific visa or permit. OES does not provide these services. Please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information on entrance and residency permits and visas.
DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
- The student must forward a copy of their government-issued ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptable examples include passport, driver’s licence, or birth certificate.
- When taking a course that requires a prerequisite, OES requires a copy of the student’s official transcript to prove he or she has met the equivalent of the prerequisite course requirement. If the student’s transcript is not written in English, an English translation of the transcript along with the original must be submitted to OES at email@example.com
- Proficiency in English is a requirement of all students who take courses with OES. Students may be required to complete the English Language Placement Assessment in order to determine their level of English language competency for enrollment.
BENEFITS OF A CANADIAN HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Apply to Universities and Colleges in Canada and Around the Globe:
Upon the completion of all required courses at OES, students will graduate and receive the Ontario Secondary Diploma (OSSD), which is recognized in Canada and across the globe. Canada’s universities maintain high standards of academic excellence and are consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. Students who hold a Canadian high school diploma have a much easier time overall when applying to these universities.
IELTS and TOEFL:
If you are an international student and have completed IELTS and/or TOEFL please provide us with this documentation with a score of 4.0 or above, however if you have not completed it you are not required to complete it for OES admission.
As a part of the admission process, you will be expected to pass the OES English proficiency assessment that will help us determine your ability to read, write and comprehend the English language so you can succeed in all of our courses.
Note: Certain colleges and universities in Canada do not require international students to take the IELTS and TOEFL test if a student has an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Come to Canada Sooner:
With an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, students are more easily able to continue their education in Canada abroad by enrolling into Canadian universities and colleges. Canada has been accepting international students since the 1970’s. Canada’s international student population in 2015 stood at an estimated 356,600.
THE VALUE OF CANADIAN EDUCATION
In Canada, education is typically seen as an investment that will lead to future benefits for both the individual and society. One of these benefits is increased employability. There is a strong relationship between income and education, as high-income Canadians tend to be highly educated.
- Canada ranks 1st in the world in access to advanced education, due in part to the country’s 27 globally ranked universities
- Canada ranks 1st among 34 OECD countries in the proportion of 25-64-year-olds with a college/university education
- Canadian students are among the top performers around the globe, ranking 4th in the world in the categories of reading, writing, and problem-solving
- Women spend an average of 15.5 years in school
- Canada spends more on education (per capita) than any other country in the G8 (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States)
- All universities and colleges accept international students for undergraduate and postgraduate programs
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ASSESSMENT
Before we can begin your enrolment please be advised that all international students require an Equivalency or PLAR assessment (including the above mentioned OES English competency test and subject matter testing for course-level placement).
The fee for our assessment is $250.00 CDN and includes the following:
- Professional Services
- Creation of OEN (Ontario Education Number)
- Creation of OSR (Ontario Student Record)
- Equivalency Assessment results
- Grading of OES English competency examination
- Guidance towards completing of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
Tuition for international students (any subject, any grade) is $795 CDN and includes all materials, tests, examinations, and communications — and GradeSlam access which is a 24/7 on-demand online tutoring service, included in your tuition.
Please complete the contact form identifying yourself as an international student and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
We pride ourselves on helping students get one step closer to their academic and personal goals.
"I'm a Canadian expat living in China and I needed to earn a prerequisite for a university program. I contacted OES and through their 24/7 online tutoring and effective course content I was able to finish my chemistry course successfully."